RYA Start Racing
Time 09.30 – 16.00
Please check in at reception 15 minutes before the course start time.
Course length – 2 days
Minimum age – 15 year old
Maximum Number on course – 6
This course is designed to give the confidence, skills and knowledge to take part in club racing. The course includes variety of exercises in different types of boats, double and single hander’s and some shore based sessions on rules of racing.
More information on RYA courses are available at www.rya.org.uk
Further course dates and levels can be found at www.clydemuirshiel.co.uk
It will be assumed that candidates on this course will have MASTERED the skills and knowledge required for Level 2-3
Candidates must be water confident.
You will need
- Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
- Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
- Old trainers or wellies to get wet
- Full change of clothing, including shoes
- Wash kit & towel
- Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
- Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.