BCU 2 Star Training & Assessment
Course length – 18 hours inc breaks
Minimum age – 16yrs
This is an improvement award that helps paddlers develop fundemental paddlesport skills on flat water. The emphasis is on gaining breadth of experience, creating the desired movement of the boat and developing an understanding into how the paddle, boat and water interact.
The award is obtained by taking the assesment in both a kayak and a canoe.
More information on the award scheme can be found at: www.bcu.org.uk/
kayak/canoe club Details can be found at Scottish Canoe Association www.canoescotland.com
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
Must have experience of paddling two different craft, in two different locations and have competed in two competitions OR have completed two journeys of at least two hours in duration.
i.e. have completed the 1 Star Award or paddlesport Start.
You will need
• Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
• Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
• Old trainers
• Full change of clothing, including shoes
• Wash kit & towel
• Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
• Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
• Any relevent medication