RYA level 3 Dinghy
Course length – 12 hours
Minimum age – 15 year old
Maximum Number on course – 6
To become a competent sailor in moderate conditions building on the skills developed on a level 2 course and introducing new ones from the more advanced modules. By the end of the course, the successful sailor will be safety conscious and be capable of sailing without an instructor on board in moderate conditions. It will be assumed that every student starting this course has already mastered the practical skills and absorbed the background knowledge required for Level 2. This course will be conducted in both double and single hander boats.
More information on RYA courses are available at http://www.rya.org.uk/
Candidates must be water confident.
A candidate would be advised to have logged a minimum of 20 hours experienced since completing level 2
You will need
- Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
- Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
- Old trainers or wellies to get wet
- Full change of clothing, including shoes
- Wash kit & towel
- Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
- Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.